Welcome to Belkin wifi router support. We provide services for all kind of Belkin routers. Here, all the issues reletaed to installation and connectivity regarding your Belkin router are fixed in short period of time.
While setting up or configuring the Belkin router there are always few questions or queries which come to our mind. Below, we have discussed few common queries of our customers which they have regarding the Belkin router.
A Wi-Fi password is necessary if you want to connect your Wi-Fi devices with the Belkin router. In case you have forgot your Belkin router Wi-Fi password, you can change it by following the instructions given below:
1) Open any web browser on your computer.
2) Put 192.1682.1 on the address bar of that browser and search it.
3) Log in to your Belkin router by putting the router’s admin password and if you haven’t set any password, leave that field blank and click on the Submit option.
4) Click on the Security option over the Navigation panel.
5) On the Pre-shared key (PSK), you would see your old Wi-Fi password and you can change it from there.
6) After entering the new password, click on the Apply Changes option.
7) After couple of minutes the Wi-Fi password will get changed and you can connect your all Wi-Fi devices to the Belkin router with new Wi-Fi password.
All Belkin routers have certain set of LEDs to indicate the power and connection status. All of the function of these LED’s is discussed below:
Router status light is place at the front of your Belkin router. If it is off, it means the Belkin router is not plugged into any power source and if it is blinking blue, green or white, it means the router is booting or getting up. The router would be connected to internet if the router status light would be solid blue, green or white. At last, if the Router status light is blinking orange, it would mean the Belkin router is unable to detect your modem.
2) Blinking green/white/blue: The Belkin router is trying to make an connection or trying to find any WPS enable device.
3) Solid green/white/blue: The Belkin router has made a secure connection with a nearby WPS enabled device.
4) Orange: The Belkin router was not able to make a connection.
1) Off: No USB device is connected to the Belkin router.
2) Blinking: The USB device is getting ready. Do not unplug it till the light turns off.
3) On: The USB device is connected successfully and being shared over the Wi-Fi.
If the Modem Light is On and the Internet Light is blinking and you are not able to use internet then, you need to check
your connection type set up on the Belkin router. The connection type should always match with the connection type of your
internet service provider (ISP).
If the connection you have a static IP address then, your internet service provider (ISP) has to assign you the IP address, subnet mask and the gateway address. You have to enter this information manually.
And if your connection is PPP0E, your internet service provider will assign you a username and password. Your Belkin router should be configured to PPP0E.
Belkin Router Support Assistance is an independent Technical Support Provider. We are not affiliated to any 3rd party brand unless specified. Call vendor for direct Support.
Broadway, New York City, NY 10007, USA
Toll Free Number +1-(855)-536-0014